NorthBay Computer Services – Certified Technician
Founded in 1997, North Bay Computer Services inc. is a leading Managed Service Provider in the North Bay and surrounding area, we’re seeking an addition to our technical team for a Computer Technician.
NBCS is a North Bay-based, award-winning, technology company that makes its living in the pulse and beat of everyday life. In 1997 NBCS started out as a company that fixed computers. Many years later we fix computers, networks, and other devices. We provide many feature-rich services to meet every client’s needs. All this comes with a pledge; Our clients get the tools they need to do their jobs, enjoy their leisure time and feel secure.
Yann and his staff take client issues seriously. Yann started his business with a simple philosophy; Get it fixed, the same day, onsite. Even now, with many years of service to North Bay and surrounding areas, Yann and his team still work hard to live up to that philosophy.
We are looking for an individual who is enthusiastic about new technologies and comfortable working in a fast passed environment.
- Remote & Onsite IT Support.
- Accurately document client computers, passwords, and additional information
- Repairs (including but not limited to computer, server, ATM, debit machine, mobile device repairs, operating system issues).
- Building new systems such as custom computers, servers, networks, and network cabling.
- Bi-Annual Computer, Server, Network & Printer Maintenance
- Installation of hardware and software on devices (including but not limited to encryption, drivers, server upgrades, etc.).
- IT service such as consulting Client and its customers on specialized services. Providing concise recommendations for project execution and upgrades.
- Customer service including signing in devices and assisting with answering the phones when necessary.
- Valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle
- Be able to work independently and or as a team
- Friendliness and credibility is a virtue
- Excellent stress management skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A criminal record check will be required
- Must be willing to work some evenings, weekends or on call.
- Have a passion for cutting edge technology
- Computer Systems Technician Diploma from accredited Ontario College, relevant diploma, or degree to the field. Equivalent certifications, or work experience is also accepted
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend and evening availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Computer repair: 1 year (preferred)
- English (preferred)
- French (preferred)
- IT certification (preferred)
- Drivers license, insurance, and vehicle. (preferred)