Job Summary – Computer Technician for In-Shop Services
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
We are looking for an enthusiastic full-time contractor to join our team. This is an entry-level technical position. This job is to provide coverage in various departments. We are looking for an adaptable and flexible individual.
Are you a motivated and outgoing individual? Do you enjoy engaging with new people and meeting challenging goals? Do you have a diverse range of experience and learn new skills quickly? If this describes you, then you might be the next amazing addition to join our team!
How your role will contribute to the team
You will be responsible for assisting with various duties within our organization. Cover in-shop repairs, sales, and administration tasks. Assist our on-site department with large projects when required.
Basic technical skills needed. Strong social and sales skills are required for this position.
What an average week will look like
Daily work will be assigned to you by demand. You will assist various team departments as needed to complete the following:
- Assist technicians with various in-shop tasks as needed. Including diagnostics, hardware, and software repairs.
- Reinstall Windows or Mac operating systems.
- Virus removal.
- Build computers.
- Work with Apple computers and PC’s.
- Maintain work area and tools.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to work under supervision.
- Follow instructions and procedures.
- Help staff with internal systems tasks.
Client Services and Sales
- Organizing and sorting documents.
- Answering the phone, booking calls, and responding to emails.
- Client support.
- Writing letters and professional emails.
- Miscellaneous tasks as needed.
Your responsibilities will grow and evolve as you become familiar with our workplace.
- Proven experience with autodidacticism.
- A flexible and quick learner.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Familiar with working on a computer. You must have the ability to navigate to programs and resolve basic computer issues.
- Understand instructions and be able to do independent research.
- Basic knowledge of WordPress, internet and website structure, and design.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience with making invoices and basic recordkeeping.
- Able to learn independently and a desire to improve skills continually.
ADDITIONAL ASSETS PREFERRED:
- Bilingual (English and French).
Must be able to work during the day, evenings, and weekends.
Job Type / Category
40 hours a weeks
For inquiries please email [email protected].