Job Summary – Website Designer & Office Coverage
Job Type: Full-time, Employee
We’re looking for an enthusiastic full-time employee to join our team.
Are you a motivated and outgoing individual? Do you enjoy engaging with new people and meeting challenging goals? Do you have a diverse range of experience and learn new skills quickly? If this describes you, then you might be the perfect person to join our team!
How your role will contribute to the team:
We are looking for someone to assist our administrative team with day-to-day tasks. You will be responsible for assisting with answer the phone and respond to client inquiries, helping walk-in clients, and sales. You will create displays to display and promote at tradeshows and participate in networking events. You may get the chance to organize public events for NBCS.
What an average week will look like:
You will assist various team departments as needed to complete the following:
- Organizing and sorting documents;
- Answering the phone, booking calls, and responding to emails;
- Writing letters and professional emails.
- Approaching potential business clients to sell monthly packages along with other products and services;
- Work with CEO to execute sales plans and meet target goals;
- Meet other business leaders in our community at monthly networking events; and,
- Attend tradeshows to sell product and promote services.
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications and skills:
· Strategic and technical thinker
· Able to work well with other people in a dynamic workplace
· Must be familiar with social media and third-party API’s
· Must be proficient in WordPress, PHP, MySQL
· Domain hosting and setup
· DNS management experience
· Experience is required
· Microsoft Exchange / Microsoft 365
· Available to work on weekends if necessary
· Able to work customer service and have some technical knowledge for repairs
· Basic computer troubleshooting skills
· Sales experience is an asset
· Bilingualism (French and English), technical certification, and access to a vehicle is an asset
· Updating information and creating content for client’s websites;
· Creating social media posts;
· Basic backend website updates; and,
· Assist with sales meetings.
· Miscellaneous tasks as needed.
Your responsibilities will grow and evolve as you become familiar with our workplace.
· Must be friendly and approachable. A great team player.
· Outgoing, strong interpersonal skills, and full of positive energy.
· Comfortable speaking formally in front of a large crowd.
· You must have experience with sales and the ability to upsell.
· Basic social media and online skills.
· Familiar with working on a computer.
· Must be comfortable following leads and approaching other businesses.
· Strong organizational skills.
· A flexible and quick learner.
ADDITIONAL ASSETS PREFERRED:
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Previous website design, development, or implementation knowledge.
- Previous social media marketing skills.
- Strong sense of curiosity and willingness to learn new challenging skills.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- Must be able to work occasionally during evenings and weekends. Weekend shifts may be requested in the future, but the schedule is currently Monday to Friday.
- Vehicle, valid driver’s license, and insurance.
If you are selected for the next step you will be asked to fill out a skills questionnaire.
Then you will be asked to have an interview with our team.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
We review the COVID-19 mandates and ensure compliancy to the regulations.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Bay, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (preferred)
- Website or design: 1 year (preferred)